- Upcoming talk: “What if AI Were Open? A Less Cyberpunk Future for Writers,”
Modern Language Association Convention, Philadelphia; On the panel
Generative Text and the Future of Electronic Literature, session 377,
Marriott 407–409, 5:15pm, January 4, 2024.
- Upcoming talk: “Computer-Generated Narrative’s Wild Ride since the 1960s,” CulturIA seminar,
Paris, December 19, 2023, 5:30pm
- Recent talk: “Generative Text’s Global History,” delivered online at the
African Electronic Literature Alliance
International Workshop Conference (AELAIWC2023)
University of Calabar, Nigeria, November 23, 2023
- Recent talk: “Using Computational Literary Art to Read Watt: Megawatt, Nanowatt, and ppg-256,”
University of Antwerp, Morning of November 17, 2023
- Recent talk: “Seventy Years of Computer-Generated Literature in English,”
VAL-Symposium 2023 keynote address, Antwerp, November 17, 2023, 4pm
- Work in a current exhibit: Creative and scholarly books and documentation of several computational poems in
the Center for Digital Narrative, University Library, University of Bergen, Norway, November 7,
2023–January 4, 2024.
- Recent film: Interference, a one-second film in the One-Off Moving Image Festival,
online and in Gol, Norway & Valencia, Spain, November 10–20, 2023.
- Recent work in a group show: Sourcebooks + Sourcecode in More than Meets AI,
curated by Jill Miller, Eamon O'Kane, and Scott Rettberg,
Worth Ryder Gallery, UC Berkeley, USA, October 2-15, 2023.
Nick Montfort, Patsy Baudoin, John Bell, Ian Bogost, Jeremy Douglass, Mark C. Marino, Michael
Mateas, Casey Reas, Mark Sample, and Noah Vawter, 10 PRINT CHR$(205.5+RND(1)); : GOTO 10, MIT