Essays (through 2004)
by Nick Montfort
- "Continuous Paper: The early materiality and workings of electronic literature." Text of talk, MLA 2004, Philadelphia; 28 Dec 2004.
- "Continuous Paper: Print interfaces and early computer writing" Text of talk, ISEA 2004, Helsinki; 20 Aug 2004.
- "The Coding and Execution of the Author." Essay published in print in The Cybertext Yearbook 2002-2003. Posted 11 Mar 2004.
- "Combat in Context." Abstract of talk at Form, Content, and Video Game Culture, Princeton University. Posted 6 Mar 2004.
- "Continuous Paper." Text of a speech I gave at the History of Material Texts Seminar, University of Pennsylvania. Posted 23 Feb 2004.
- "Stop Handcuffing My Mind." Text of a speech I wish I had given at Copyright and the Network Computer: A Stakeholder's Congress; this was written after the conference in reaction to the prevailing concept of the computer there. Posted 15 Nov 2003.
- "Condemned to Reload It: Forgetting New Media." Text of a speech I gave at Copyright and the Network Computer: A Stakeholder's Congress in Washington D.C. on 8 Nov 2003.
- "Literary Games." Introduction to Poems that Go, Fall 2003.
- "In Search of Webs Past." From Technology Review, Jul-Aug 2000.
- "The Cyborg Campus." From Texas Alcalde, Sep-Oct 1999.