is a Web edition of the poem Ream,
by Nick Montfort. Ream
was originally written for print and paper.
- Ream is a 500 page poem.
- The writing of Ream was entirely imagined and executed on one day: April 5, 2006.
- On each page of Ream a single, one-syllable word appears, centered, in ordinary, 14-point type.
- Page numbers do not appear on any of the pages and are unnecessary, since the words are in alphabetical order.
- Pages 1-51 recapitulate Poe's "The Raven."
- The sexy part starts shortly after page 230.
- Ream can be read aloud in 12 minutes.
The first public reading of Ream
was on April 26, 2006 at Speakeasy, a student-run open mic at the Kelly Writers House in Philadelphia.